Saturday, January 24, 2009

Complex.

No, I don't mean complex as in difficult, I mean complex as in I have one. I've been going about this for a while now but I do not feel like I'm going to be twenty at all. Need photographic proof of my claim? Look at this (mind the colour quality, it was taken from a print screen of a webcam shot):


Does it look like I'm anywhere near the age of twenty? I don't think so.

But at least if it's any consolation to myself, at least I managed to take a cute picture of myself. Haha. Yikes, I think I'm seeing more of a resemblance to my dad (well, his sisters if you wanna be accurate) though everyone says I look like my mom.

Oh and I was bored so I took an emo/Rzeznik-ish (because of I've got the the squinty eyes, hair in the face, chin cleft goin' on) photo as well. See for yourself:

And to end things on that note,

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies,
When everything feels like the movies,
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive...

Yay! Now I'm officially a cool kid who whores that song to describe their emo-y feelings! Yay!

/heavy and obvious sarcasm

Anyways, going on, I bought Live & Intimate today (aka Deluxe Let Love In) and I loved it (that wasn't intended as a pun, by the way). Some of the songs sounded dead-on or even better on that live performance for the most part *cough* not Better Days and non-LLI songs *cough*.

I reeeeally enjoyed hearing Robby's two songs live (OMG he was so on fire with his two performances and being cute to boot!), as well as We'll Be Here (When You're Gone) and Can't Let It Go (surprisingly enough). I think that We'll Be Here's really starting to grow on me and dare I say it, might surpass Let Love In as my favorite track on the record. There was something about that performance that reminded me of the remix though. I can't put my finger on it. I'll have to listen to the original to make sure I'm not going crazy -slash- imagining things.

At the very least I can tell you that it's really making me look forward to the new release, whenever that'll be. It should be interesting given that I don't think they have to prove anything to anyone anymore or since I don't think that they have anything in their collective systems that they need to get out via songwriting. Hopefully that alone will allow John and Robby (mostly John though) to broaden their horizons and write about whatever random-ass subject brews in their heads.

Come to think of it, this should be interesting because of one other aspect - John's voice. I honestly don't know what kinds of things he can pull off and write because it's gotten so much deeper. It's gotta impact the writing if he has to jot things down in a certain way to accomodate it. Luckily, Robby doesn't have that problem, so I don't worry about him.

Oh well, there's no point in predicting the future since there are no guarantees. Now I'm off to spend the $20 iTunes card that I just got!

I know somehow we will hold on, we'll be here when you're gone...

1 comment:

  1. LiA. Fact: It's awesome.

    Glad you liked it, Treble.
    And, good job being an emo Iris-whore. Though... I've got to tell you, that emo pic you took?... Yeah, it reminded me more of Robby, actually....

    ReplyDelete