Saturday, January 3, 2009

Leon, For the Love of God, Stop Doing That!

I bought the new Resident Evil movie (not the live action ones, the CGI animated one) and it was pretty good for the most part. What's weird is they've chink-ed Leon's face a bit and in certain angles/shots, he looks off and in others he looks insanely attractive (hey, doesn't that remind you of a certain someone, hm?). It's weird. But in any case, the biggest thing that really bothered me the most was the perma-frown and the constant standing with impossibly upright posture. Like for fuck sakes, I'd swear that he was trying to channel Squall Leonhart but even then, as hard as it is to believe, Squall wasn't that bad for that kind of stuff. Kept on expecting him to bust a 'Whatever,' or a 'Go talk to a wall,' though.

Oh! And they force this on us in the movie. Ugh. I know it's supposed to be CPR but she looked like she was enjoying that way too much and there's a fair bit of that kind of tension to chalk it off as simply that. Honestly, I'd rather see Claire and Leon but whatever, I've come to the conclusion that the dude's a walking chick magnet. It can't be helped. Like look at this, it's like she can't even be subtle about it!

Haha, just kidding about that. It was from the voice blooper reel.

Either way, despite the film's shortcomings, it was really good and definitely worth the money it cost.

Oh and FYI, this is the best part of the movie....










....in the bloopers section.

Okay, okay, I'll shut-up.

I’m not made of steel, but your secret's safe with me...I can be anything that you want me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment