Thursday, January 1, 2009

Firsts and Lasts

You know, it's strange. Most people in my position (which I'll explain shortly after) would have said that their New Year's Eve sucked hardcore but I rather enjoyed it and wouldn't change it for what it was.

To summarize, I:

  • Ate from Pizza Hut for supper.
  • Submitted a short chapter of my fanfiction.
  • Bowled several games of 10-pin from 6-9 with my family.
  • Babysat my cousin's sleeping baby (so it's glorified house-sitting, really) from 9:30 to 1:30ish so he and his wife could attend a New Year's Eve party.
  • Basically watched House episodes I haven't seen before from the box-sets I brought on my laptop.
  • Listened to a little music and did a little post-posting editing on said chapter (I was in a rush).
  • Was paid far too much money for house-sitting but felt good that I did them a favour.
  • Came home to an assortment of junk food to find my favourite Tim Hortons donut EVAR.
  • Ate said donut. It was yummy.
  • Went on internet to do some stuff.
  • Typing this blog. (i.e. this present moment)

The weird thing was that I was happy to be essentially by myself just watching House episodes, not empty or feeling like a loser because I wasn't at some kind of party or whatever. I figure it's simply the distinction between literally being alone and being alone in a crowd that made the difference and anyone's whose ever experienced the two can surely tell you that the latter is by far worse. With a party or any social gathering, I have this bad habit of expecting something, whatever that may be, to happen and every time, it doesn't. With choosing to do my older cousin a favour, I already knew that nothing was gonna happen and I was content to be by myself and do whatever without being near anyone.

Boy, is my introverted side showing? Haha. Might as well add in a quote from Final Fantasy VIII's Squall Leonhart while I'm at it. I know one off of the top of my head:

"As long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything... You feel less pain."

There. Now this blog is officially full of awesome. Hehe. No wait, I think this'll make it officially full of awesome (this is pulled from http://www.john-rzeznik.com/ by the way):

"Just got back from the concert. It was awesome, just completely fucking great, one of the better ones I’ve attended, I swear John gets hotter every single time I see him, and my body hurts absolutely everywhere, so a real update will have to wait until tomorrow. Meanwhile, I will be dreaming about the way John ran offstage and kissed Melina for serious OMG THEY ARE SO ADORABLE I LOVE THEM FOREVER!! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Oh and some interesting/odd factoids about my night:

Last Song Played in 2008: All In The Suit That You Wear - Stone Temple Pilots
First Song Played in 2009: Here Is Gone - Goo Goo Dolls
Last Item Purchased in 2008: A 5-pack of different coloured iPod skins ($2.22 for the win!)
First Thing Eaten in 2009: Wheat Thins

Anyway, I think this year will rock considering I started it on such awesome terms but we'll have to wait 'n see. Either way, ciao for now. Gotta sleep. :D

What do you got to move you darling?

1 comment:

  1. This year will be better. I fucking promise.

    Your NYE sounds pretty sweet. I wanted to just watch the Twilight Zone marathon, but... No. Hung out with family, played games, saw Dad, etc. (It was still cool, but now I'm too sleepy to stay up.)

    Oh, my first song played in 2009 was 'Dancing in Your Blood'. The last one for 2008 was 'Iris', of all songs.

    ReplyDelete