Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Buy Music Because I Have Nothing Better To Spend My Money On.

Got paid on Friday and went to the mall today to pick up some Diet Pepsi, gum and convinced myself to buy myself some stuff from the HMV there because, like the title says, I have nothing better to spend my $$$$ on (I got the gum and cases on sale at Shoppers' so I suppose that might have been reason to celebrate?).

Now the dilemma concerning my fanfiction has died down and I think I gained a few reviewers instead of losing them but what I found ironic is that I ended up buying an Our Lady Peace album (along with a $20 iTunes card). It's not the one that had the song on it (that one would be Spiritual Machines and I got Clumsy) but I still found it funny. ...Or could that be symbolic? Hm.

Anyway, here's what I bought (in order) so far with the $20 iTunes card. I've got $9.85 left in credits so feel free to suggest things. *winks at Jess*

  • The Freshmen - The Verve Pipe
  • 6th Avenue Heartache - The Wallflowers
  • One Hit Wonder - Everclear
  • You Make Me Feel Like A Whore - Everclear
  • So Outta Line - Goo Goo Dolls
  • On Your Side - Goo Goo Dolls
  • Know My Name - Goo Goo Dolls
  • Road To The Salinas - Goo Goo Dolls
  • Misfortune - Goo Goo Dolls
  • The Burn - Matchbox Twenty
  • Whatever (Live) - Our Lady Peace

Clearly, I was in a 90's mood with the first two and I'm kind of happy that I've (unofficially) got all of the true Goo songs on Hold Me Up (I ain't wasting 99 cents on 22 seconds or Lance Diamond though Lance is a cool guy, I'll admit). I feel like I'm forgetting something from the 90's that I wanted to get, but I'm sure that I'll remember it eventually if there is something that I did forget.

Hopefully someone from the plethora of artists I mentioned in that list awhile ago have something new out (Default, I'm looking at you) by the time I visit Wal Mart or HMV again. Listening to new things is always nice.

Life is waiting for you, it's all messed up but we'll survive...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmmmm.

    For your itunes, I'd suggest a couple more EC songs: "Sunflowers", "Out of my Depth", and "Pale Green Stars".
    That is, if you liked "One Hit Wonder".

    Also... Um... I've always loved "Low" by Cracker and "Jane Says" by Jane's Addiction... Um, I haven't checked into Chris Cornell's new album, but... Maybe look into that?

    And, don't worry... I spent 20 on pre-ordering SSPU's new one, and almost 30 on pre-ordering Starsailor's... So... Yeah. *hug*

    ReplyDelete