Saturday, March 7, 2009

Moar News.

Evans Blue has set a date for their new album (which surprisingly doesn't have a big-ass title this time around since it's -shock!- self-titled) so mark your calendars for June 23th, people.

Oh and I think it's safe to say that we'll get a Goo album this year, judging by this:

'just dropping in to say hello. we're still banging away in the studio, but spirits are high here in camp goo as we can see the light at the end of the recording tunnel. more news coming soon!'

I wouldn't be ready to wager on a specific time frame for this yet, it's just that I have a strong feeling it'll be in the year. I'd imagine that even if they were close to being finished with the recording, they'd still have to allocate more time afterwards to make the artwork, fine-tune some last minute stuff, promote it, yada-yada... and I personally have no clue of how long that it'd take. Since I haven't had to properly wait for any of their releases, I can't rely on past trends with this kind of stuff. (God, is it obvious that I'm a math nerd/likely candidate of OCD here?)

On a side note, I fucking love this adorable picture of Robby with his kitties:

Just another sequel, just another reason for you...

1 comment:

  1. Thank God. I figured it'd be this year, but no idea when, and I've been out of the loop last few days, so... Gracias, treble-cleft.

    As far as Goo goes... The only thing I can really look at is GF, b/c it's what I know for certain. They were recording during 9/11, which fucked them over, as it should have... And it still got out 7 months later... So, I'm gonna guess... This Fall? I mean, maybe they'll be done recording by the end of April... And we can get a September release? They'll pull a DUTG?

    Oh, and yes, adorable kittehs, and adorable owner, and I approve of your closing quote.

    ReplyDelete