Sunday, December 28, 2008

Robby the Inspirational Drawstring Doll

Ok, I'm too lazy to recant the tale of this (go check out here for that: http://the-grains-of-time.blogspot.com/2008/12/sidekicks-man.html ), but the short story is that the following is ten things a drawstring doll version of Robby would say if John needed some encouragement to write new material for the upcoming record (it's explained in the link) because we all know that the panic is what comes first in the writing process. Hehe.

  • Don't worry John, if you can't think of anything, we'll just have Mike write the next song. I'm sure he'll come up with something cool.
  • Nope, it doesn't sound like Stay With You to me.
  • Take all the time you need John. I'll do all of the interviews while you're busy writing.
  • Hey man, at least we know that we won't have to go country to sell records.
  • If you're really stuck, how about I take you to the movies and give you a pen, paper and some popcorn?
  • No, it's ok John. You can book that solo appearance. I'm sure the record will be finished sooner or later.
  • Dude, I think if we survived the guyliner phase of our career, we can do anything.
  • Don't sweat it John. I'm sure that if the fans liked Let Love In, they'll love this new record.
  • Hm...we haven't done a big rock song in awhile. How about we try that?
  • Hey, we didn't need other people helping us write songs back in the day. Why start now?




This is my conceptual rendering of drawstring!Robby. Isn't he cute?

1 comment:

  1. Omgawwwd. Your goodle is precious!
    I loved your sayings. I might do another ten or so... Because, I really half-assed the first set. (I fail.)
    I believe Sam's gonna do some, too.
    The whole trip to the movies one made me 'awwww', and the guyliner one made me giggle. Goo-d work!

    ReplyDelete