Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Road Trip!

I was out all day today to check out the place where I'm going be staying during my co-op from January-April along with the office itself. The drive from my house to there is about 4 hours, give or take a little bit since we (me and my mom) stopped over for lunch on the way there and for supper/refilling the tank on the way back. It's a straightforward trip, but a loooong one.

Anyway, when we got to the office, I basically got a tour of the place and met the people I'd be working with (minus those who were on vacation or currently out with a client). In short, the people were friendly, the place was nicely furnished and the inside of their elevator was so shiny I could see my reflection even though the walls were not metal or anything typically known to reflective. Neat, huh? (At least I thought so...)

After that my mom wanted to take a photo of Detroit which is on the other side of Windsor so we had to walk a little bit down the street the office was located on.

Let me summarize the experience for you: Ow. Ow. Fuckity OWWWW!

I was wearing these stylish leather boots that have a thick 1.5/2-inch heel on them and because they have not a lot of ankle support at that height, my feet were starting to hurt. It got to the point where I wasn't sure if my ankles were gonna give out or something. Luckily I made it back to where we parked the car. Needless to say, if I had been wearing my regular black shoes or even my regular Kodiak boots, it would have been a lot more tolerable and I wouldn't have blisters on the balls of my feet. I'm hoping I'll get used to them by the time I actually go but something tells me my feet will rebel and refuse to get used to the height. Oh well.

So in any case, our next stop was at the place I'm staying at to meet the family who I'm staying with. They were all really nice, the house looked great and me and my mom had a nice time chatting with them for a little while so I don't have any worries for when I actually have to move there.

Oh, and one last thing. They have an internet hook-up for the room I'm using so that means I won't be MIA for four months! YAY! :)

(Now if only I could sneak my Rock Band 2 set there then I'd be all set.)

Gotta bear your cross but never dream too loud...SCREW THIS RAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment